Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New York Adventure

Time to start doing the stomach exercises again. During the next week I’ll be eating in the finest restaurants in New York City. This involves taking pictures, stealing menus, taking notes and hopefully getting to take kitchen tours. Finally it’s here though, after great controversy of picking where to eat, we have all of our reservations.

At least once a year we try and go on one big research and development trip. Last year we went to San Francisco and I pulled many things out of that. It was the first time I started to really appreciate food. I’m really looking forward to New York though because now I work as a pantry cook and I’m becoming more fascinated with food.

We picked the following restaurants because these particular chefs aren’t just great today; they’ve evolved over the revolutions of food. I plan on going to the following restaurants.

· Daniel Boulud- Daniel, db bistro moderne
· Eric Ripert- Le Bernadin
· Jean-Georges Vongerichten- Jean Georges
· Mario Batali- Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca, OTTO Enoteca Pizzeria

No comments: